Saturday 26 April 2008

My family and friends often tell me that to say that I have RSD (which is the worse pain anyone in the World can have according to the McGill pain scale) I am really positive - I personally think that without a positive attitude we have nothing. I suffer a lot yes, but I also realise that I am soooo much luckier than other people in this World, even though sometimes it might not feel like it.

Its my goal to make people realise how lucky they are and not to dwell on the bad things in life - please just take 2 minutes to think about the things you can do, not the things you can't do! I find that it helps a lot!

I am not going to lie to you - I have really bad days where I get that depressed that I wish I could just curl up and die, but I think everyone with RSD has those days. When I have those days I take a deep breath and think about how lucky I am (even though it might not feel like it at that very moment)

I try my best to help other people who are going through the same type of disease that I am going through, and I have got a lot of credit from that!! That is what makes me realise that I can do something, even if I can't walk or go to school! In fact, I got some flowers from someone in America to say thank you soo much for everything that I have done for them and also to wish me a quick recovery - that really ment a lot to me!!

When I am older I want to be either a Psychologist or a Pain Nurse, because I want to continue to help other people.

Please NEVER, give up - we can beat this even though it might not feel like it!

No comments: