Friday 11 April 2008

"Time, why do you punish me?"


"The past has come and gone
The future is far away
Now only lasts for one second, one second..."

With this disease, it is absurdly easy to worry about the future, far and near. I catch myself worrying about how my pain will be in an hour, and I also catch myself worrying about how far my disease will progress by the end of the year. Will I be stuck in a wheelchair forever? That's an interesting question and one that not even the most brilliant of doctors can answer for me because THEY JUST DON'T KNOW. So, now what does one do with that information? Easy. She lives for today because that is all she has been promised.
With this disease, it is also extremely easy to look back on the past with nastalgia, before RSD shoved it's way into life. Begging and pleading for yesterday can take up a lot of an RSDers time and energy, but guess what? Yesterday is gone. I'm no longer able to go to karate lessons on a weekly basis, I have RSD, and the "old me" is gone. This is my life now. What does one do with this information? Easy. She accepts today and lives for it because that's all that has been promised.

Live for today!

No comments: