Saturday 26 April 2008

Thursdays Hospital Appointment

Hi everyone.

I went to see my PM doctor on Thursday, me and my mom suggested using Chlonazepam to try and get the spasms under control but my doctor as decided against this - basically because some of the medications I have already tried are in the same group and they didn't work and my doctor is also worried about the long term side effects that I could have due to my age etc.

My doctor has put me on a Beta Blocker called Propranolol, which I started on Thursday. So far it doesn't seem to have helped but my dr did say that it can take up to 4 weeks to start working. We are upping the dosage over the next few days. I have been feeling a bit sick and dizzy, but my doctor says this is normal and the try and cope with it unless it gets really bad.

I go back to the hospital on May 15th to try a Gaiter (knee brace) to see if it will try and stop some of the spasms and to also see if it will stabilise me enough to walk on my own.

I had some Physical Therapy on Thursday and it hurt a lot!! My Physical therapist was pushing down on my hip to try and get the spasms to stop but unfortunatley they didn't!! I could feel the muscles in my hip getting really tight! I have to do these excersises at home 3 times a day.

Heres just hoping and praying that these meds work. If they don't my PM doctor is going to speak to the Neurologists attached to his pain team to see if they can suggest something. Who'd have thought that a simple toenail removal could cause so many problems?? But unfortunatley thats RSD!!

I hope you are all OK.

No comments: